Casement and awning windows are easily cleaned from the interior of the home.
To clean the casement window, Follow These Steps
- Turn the screen retainer clips ¼ turn counterclockwise, then remove the screen.
- Clean the interior side of the sash.
- Unlock the window. (photo 1)
- Crank the sash all the way to its full open position.(photo 2 and 3)
- Clean the exterior of the sash by reaching your arm through the space between the mainframe and the sash. (photo 4)
- To reinstall the screen, place it into the opening and turn the screen retainer clips ¼ turn clockwise to hold it in place.
Note: Instructions may not apply to egress models.